Table of Contents
- The Criminalization of Youth
- The Evolution Of Creationism
- Creationists Push Pseudo-Science Text
- One Town's Battle Over Creationism
- What's a Teacher To Do?
- Resources on Evolution And Creationism
- Canadian Teachers Strike
- MPS Admissions Policy Rewards Privilege
- 'You Gotta Be Hard' - A Teacher Reflects on Kids and Gangs
- Banned in Jersey, Welcomed on Broadway By Stan Karp
- First and Second title both empty, Update me!
- 'And Ya Don't Stop' -- Using Hip Hop in the Language Arts Classroom
- Digging in the Crates
- 'Let Your Motto Be Resistance' -- The Real Lesson of Amistad
- What Happened to Local Control?
- Where I'm From By Linda Christensen
- Protests Target Sweatshop Labor
- A Must Buy and a Good Tale By Herbert Kohl
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
This new and expanded edition collects the best articles dealing with race and culture in the classroom that have appeared in Rethinking Schools magazine.
Five years in the making, A People’s Curriculum for the Earth is a collection of articles, role plays, simulations, stories, poems, and graphics to help breathe life into teaching about the environmental crisis.