Table of Contents
- No Comment
- What Now for Bilingual Education?
- Does Bilingual Ed Work?
- Out Front
- $22 Million Siphoned from MPS to Pay for Private Schools By Barbara Miner
- What Color is Beautiful?
- Trivial Pursuit Testing
- Equity Takes a Hard Hit
- Tracking and the Project Method By Bob Peterson
- Keeping Schools on Track
- What's the Fuss?
- The Poetry of Protest By Linda Christensen
- Philip's Transformation
- The Trial
- Revolving School Doors
- Past and Present By Herb Kohl
- Hooking up with Commercial-free Education
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
This new and expanded edition collects the best articles dealing with race and culture in the classroom that have appeared in Rethinking Schools magazine.
Five years in the making, A People’s Curriculum for the Earth is a collection of articles, role plays, simulations, stories, poems, and graphics to help breathe life into teaching about the environmental crisis.