Table of Contents
- Title IX Protects Pregnant Students
- Teacher Rights, Administrator Wrongs
- Landmine Awareness Activities
- Landmine Facts
- Learning to Read And the 'W Principle
- Captives of the Script
- Wall Street Journal Loses School Board Race By Bob Peterson
- Turning Her Back
- I Chose the Baby
- A Supportive Place for Teen Parents
- Learning from the Past, Talking About the Present
- The War and Our Students By Bill Bigelow
- Straight Talk with Kids About War
- Student Clubs
- Danger in the Earth
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
This new and expanded edition collects the best articles dealing with race and culture in the classroom that have appeared in Rethinking Schools magazine.
Five years in the making, A People’s Curriculum for the Earth is a collection of articles, role plays, simulations, stories, poems, and graphics to help breathe life into teaching about the environmental crisis.