Table of Contents
- What Happened To the Golden Door? By Linda Christensen
- The Power of Words
- Tales Out of School
- MPS Revamps Admissions Policies for High Schools
- MPS Screening a Step Backward
- To Sell or To Be Sold - Is That Really the Question? By Bob Peterson
- How My Schooling Taught Me Contempt for the Earth
- City Kids, City Dreams
- Civil Rights 101, Tex-Mex Style
- Nike Nearly Gets the Boot
- When Things Turn Ugly
- Sending Kids to Market
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
This new and expanded edition collects the best articles dealing with race and culture in the classroom that have appeared in Rethinking Schools magazine.
Five years in the making, A People’s Curriculum for the Earth is a collection of articles, role plays, simulations, stories, poems, and graphics to help breathe life into teaching about the environmental crisis.