Table of Contents
- Patterns of Errors Check List
- Mortgage Loans-Is Racism a Factor?
- Short Stuff
- Strange Stuff
- Student Page
- Feedback to Students
- Good Stuff
- Letters to the Editors of Rethinking Schools
- Additional Information on Military Spending
- The Politics of Correction By Linda Christensen
- Rethinking Our Classrooms
- Time to Renew Movements for Justice
- Houston's 'Zero Dropout
- Don't Mourn, Organize!
- Head Start or Head Backwards? By Barbara Miner
- Field Trip
- Talking Wrong
- Money, Schools and Justice By Stan Karp
- Urban Students Tackle Research on Inequality
- Understanding Large Numbers By Bob Peterson
- Home Buying While Brown or Black By Eric Gutstein
- Forgive and Remember
- Unwrapping the Holidays By Dale Weiss
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
This new and expanded edition collects the best articles dealing with race and culture in the classroom that have appeared in Rethinking Schools magazine.
Five years in the making, A People’s Curriculum for the Earth is a collection of articles, role plays, simulations, stories, poems, and graphics to help breathe life into teaching about the environmental crisis.